Saturday, December 24, 2005

and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful

Background Noise: something on tv, melting snow
Last Visited: yahoo's tv grid... (this remote requires entering exact numbers. wow. i so have to get my parents a new remote. or a new tv. seriously.)
Random Thought: why can't i stay?
Mood: grandma's dinner: perfect.

Merry Christmas Eve.


Your footprints led the way,
to a hearth where hearts we made surround you,
you're awash in all it's glow,
and i'm still standing in the snow

i stood and watched the lights go out,
While the snowflakes settled all around me,
And though it filled my heart with doubt,
Couldn't move and this is where you found me.

As our footprints disappear,
Snow erasing how I came to be here,
I've got nowhere else to go,
Now you're standing in the snow.


I've never been so happy to spend $700; thank goodness: i'm home.

ETA: i'm feeling very naughty: i'm downstairs on Christmas Eve night - well, Christmas very early morning. I'm trying to remember if i've ever done this before, actually downstairs - and allowed, too! - when Santa's Elves are doing there sprucing up in the other room. I suppose it's ok because the Elves are taking a break this year, but there's still something very odd about being on this floor after midnight. I'm starting to actually believe it's christmas, and i'm home which is heaven, but i'm having issues being downstairs. I suppose it's a family custom that all the kiddies have to be upstairs after a certain time, regardless of whether we were awake or not. And let me tell you, being restricted to one area of the house definatly helps to heighten the suspense of the next morning. Here's my dilema: i'm hungry, but my dad's awake, and the kitchen is attached to the room with the tree, and i have this mental block over actually stumbling in there and seeing... something. Wow this is silly. I suppose in this house i'll always believe in Elves on Christmas Eve who don't want to be disturbed lest they leave coal in my stocking.

And really, what's so bad about believing? Even if it's just in something small. There has to be some wonder magic left in this holiday after all.

Expression:

0 Comments: