Monday, December 12, 2005

Caught in the Crossfire

Background Noise: Brian Setzer's... Nutcracker?
Last Visited:Hey Guys: Dare to be Different
Random Thought: does my coffee taste like coconut?
Mood: i felt so much better when i was home in bed. how odd.

Narnia made me sick. That's my story and i'm sticking to it. Went to the movie friday night with Dave, Mike, and Nina and about halfway through the movie that would never end i suddenly was very very very thirsty. My throat went bone dry - to the point that i almost gaged in the theater. But i squelched it and finished the movie and on the way out i asked Nina, "Was that theater particularly dry, or was that just me?" "Oh no, it was so dry in there" she said. So i forgot about my dry throat.

Until the parking lot at the restraunt where i felt the tell-tale hack-gag reflex that doubled me over into a fit of coughing i haven't felt (thankfully) since i've been in california (warm weather has some benefits). I think i scared the crap out of Dave and Nina. Ah, yes, i do remember this cough; it's christmas time, let the chorus of "This is my normal cough, don't worry, i'm not dying" begin. But i waved it off and had water with dinner and forgot about it again.

Until fifteen minutes after i got home and my body declared all out war on... something (I'm still debating exactly what, i think there were a couple of things going on though). Let's just say i was caught in the cross fire between whatever was attacking my body and my defenses and the result was not pretty. I'm not sure i slept friday night, though by late saturday afternoon my fever was gone and i felt alive again.

Sunday was basically recovery, and today i'm left with that lingering sick-hangover where at least your head is clear but your still a little too stuffy and a little too tired to be truely useful. Which kinda sucks considering what i have to do today.

But that's a different story.

Expression:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gotta love the "I'm not dying, don't worry" hack. Most people seem to think it sounds really bad. Huh. Go figure. Hope you feel better.

2:28 PM