Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Productive in spite of myself

Background Noise: Spamalot
Last Visited: The Borders Store Inventory is lying. I hate it when that happens.
Random Thought: Who dies tonight on VMars?
Mood: Zombie.

Oh my god - today is December 7th. The day that would live in infamy... and i forgot. My Grandpa even had surgery today (which should have triggered my memory) but, no... nothing. Granted i haven't really been totally conscious today, but still, there are normally days of the year i always can identify: Victoria Day, Canadian Thanksgiving, Rememberance Day, December 7th, September 11th. I'm slipping in my time recognition - even more so than normal - this year it seems. Days blur into weeks into months and time seems too short and too long all magically at the same time.

Ok, so i didn't sleep last night. I sort of daydreamed until 4am when i think i finally passed out. I remember walking into my living room to turn off my heater around 3:15. No amount of coffee has helped today... i constantly feel out of it, unable to truely follow a conversation even enough to nod and smile and "uh-huh" like i'm actually paying attention.

Though the really funny thing is, i've been crazy productive today. Well, as long as i was able to focus on my current train of thought (there have been many - lists had to be made). So while continuing to work while people waltzed in and out of my office was rediculously rude of me, at least i managed to finish everything i wanted to today. I think. I could have forgotten. That wouldn't actually surprise me.

Oh, Heather's baby boy is beautiful. And apparently my cousin doesn't have kids yet. Yet? When did they start trying? I thought they were just getting used to having a dog and a house... but... whatever.

And i'm thrilled that Detroit made the national news again for something positive: like a school shooting that didn't actually involve students. What progress.

Um... sorry, i just lost my blog-writing train of thought. I'm sure there was somethign else, but... yeah.

Expression:

0 Comments: